So last week was Michael's birthday. I was determined to make it a special day for him, but of course everything went completely WRONG. He had to work the night before so the kids decorated the house and made him a huge birthday card for him to come home to the next morning. They were so excited!
After the kids went to bed I decided to break out the cookie dough ice cream, as I was enjoying a little bowl a little chocolate chip hit a tooth and pretty much shattered it. Yeah, now I get to go to the dentist (NOT my favorite thing to do). So the next morning as I'm trying to get into the dentist I got completely overheated (our bathroom is like an OVEN) and ended up sick on the couch for almost 2 hours. I don't recommend being pregnant in the summer to anyone! I finally got an appointment for 6:30 that evening, which of course ruins Michaels birthday dinner and the fact that I had to be at Cub Scouts at 6:00. We also had to pick up Michael's truck from the dealership where it was having some work done. I won't even mention how much it cost, as I was leaving I backed into another truck, placing a large dent in his door and a large ding on our bumper. I'd like to blame the accident on the dumb dealership for parking the truck in the worst possible location, or blame the kids for fighting and Harmon for crying which was all a huge distraction, or the fact that I was trying to hurry so I could finish the treats for scouts and get them delivered, but it all comes down to me not paying attention and going to fast. Nobody to blame but myself. The guy I hit was the nicest guy and was completely understanding, he's LDS and we knew a lot of the same people (I think that makes it worse).
I did manage to get home, to scouts, and to the dentist (where I found out I broke 2 teeth and one of them will have to be removed and have an implant put in :( $$$$). Michael had to cook his own birthday dinner with 3 very tired and ornery kids at his feet. We didn't get to eat until 9:00 and I was numb for the whole thing. I felt so bad for him, I felt like I totally ruined the entire day. He was very understanding and said he had a Happy Birthday anyway. He did have fun opening his gifts. Hunter gave him a superhero look and find book that he picked out special, Haley gave him a Wii Star Wars game, and I got him an IPod Nano for his truck. We finished the night with some homemade cake that the kids helped decorate (can you say sprinkles!) So at least the day ended on a good note. I made it up to Michael by taking him to dinner and a movie a few days later. So sorry for this long whining post, it's a good thing it took me a week to write about it otherwise it would have been a lot long and had a lot more anger and bitterness involved. Next year I guarantee will be a MUCH better Birthday! Love you Michael!
3 comments:
hey they all cant be great, or it would get old. glad it ended up fun. sounds like quite the day.
id rather have a baby then go to the dentist! good luck!
Oh NO! What a rotten day! I broke teeth whenever I was pregnant. Grrr. Soooooo sorry you had a day like that!!!!!!!
This reminds me of Rob's 30th birthday. It was an awful day and I don't remember any particulars except for when I finally snapped. We were at a restaurant getting take-out and they were so stupid I started screaming at the person taking our order. When we finally got home and started eating there was a hair in my food. I got up, didn't say a word, walked out of the house and sat on a swing in a nearby park for about 30 minutes (in the snow) before I could go back home and try to be nice to my family. Then later in the evening my sister, who was living with us, had a friend over who SNUCK A BOY into our home and I lost it all over again. Poor Rob...all I did was yell his whole birthday. :(
Oh that totally bites...I am so sorry! And nothing is worse than feeling like crap about something when you are pregnant...I'll shed a few tears for you!
Post a Comment