Monday, August 10, 2009

Blocked

So I've had a blogging block, actually I've avoided blogging because it would probably be pretty whiny. I am very ready for this pregnancy to be over, yet I'm not ready for a new baby in the house. I was reading an article in the Ensign the other night (3:00 am to be exact--couldn't sleep). It was on post partum depression and talked about the signs and symptoms. As I read it I felt as if I was already there--so is it possible to have post partum depression before the baby even gets here? I guess I'm feeling more overwhelmed than anything, over the last week everything seemed much worse than it actually is. Just to bore everyone here are the things I'm stressing over right now.
  • I had to have a tooth pulled and I must say it was not a pleasant experience, yet I thought it would be much worse.
  • I have SEVERE itching and it is making me CRAZY! The Dr. said it is just a heat rash, but I didn't think so. He finally agreed and said I have PUPPS and I am now medicated and always sleepy from the drugs. I think it's helping a little bit though.
  • Harmon has developed a very high pitched scream that he thinks is funny--it's NOT especially when Michael is trying to sleep.
  • I have sooo many things to do before this kid gets here and I just don't seem to have the energy to do any of it!
  • Cub Scout Day camp was this week and I felt like I should be there fulfilling my calling, but I didn't go and I'm missing a meeting this week to play Bunco instead. I'm totally not magnifying my calling.
  • I've started to get addicted to facebook and look forward to checking in--I think I'm cheating on my blog.

Okay, I'm annoying myself with my whining and I know I could go on all day, so here's the list of positives.

  • I can't wait to hold this precious blessing from Heavenly Father in my arms. I know he is meant to be in our family!
  • My Dr. has agreed to induce me a week early--his choice not mine, but no complaints here!
  • I had a burst of energy this morning and got Harmon & new baby's room pulled together.
  • I finally got the car seat cleaned and ready, so now we can bring baby home when the time comes (he still has nothing to wear-I'm going thru clothes tonight!!)
  • I'm almost done with the baby quilt I'm making. (I'm just tying it-nothing to special)
  • Haley is all ready for school and VERY excited!
  • My wonderful husband has stepped up and is helping me a ton with everything.
  • My Brother and Sister-in Law just had their cute little baby and I am sooooo happy for them! Congrats!
  • The weather has been bearable over the last few days and I've really enjoyed it!
  • My family is happy, healthy, and we have everything we need--I feel truly blessed!!!!! I will quit whining now and bask in the positives.

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

My thoughts exactly!!!

Tandy said...

Hi! I'm sorry. I know how hard the end of pregnancy is, and believe me... I feel for you sister!
Oh... and do you have a name yet? I have an "H" one for you... ready???
Harrison!
Good luck! Before you know it you'll have even more high pitch screaming going on!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com