We were so lucky to celebrate Hayden yesterday. He was given a very special blessing by his Dad and was surrounded by friends and family who love him. It was a wonderful day! Actually it was a great weekend. Family started arriving Friday night, so we had lots of time to play with cousins and visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Saturday they got to watch Haley play soccer (they lost their game, but played awesome!), we then hit Costco for a few more items we needed for our big dinner. The BYU game took over the rest of the day and when it started all of my family was here. It was a ton of fun to visit with everyone and the kids could just run wild with cousins. I was so happy to have everyone here, all 4 of my brothers and their families were able to come. Marc and Hollie even made the trip from Logan and had to drive all the way home on Sunday--it was so great they came all that way (Thanks guys). Sunday was the blessing and a yummy dinner of pork, chicken, and steak tacos (we need variety!). We had a ton of food, but luckily we had lots of hungry mouths to feed. It's fun to have an excuse to see people you don't get to see very often. A good friend of the Nelson family came--Gordon and Irene. He was Michael's Dad's partner and best friend for a long time. We had a nice visit with them. He got teary when talking to Michael and his brother Eric and how proud he is of them and how proud their Dad would be. It was really sweet. It was just a very special day and I'm so thankful we were able to celebrate having Hayden in our family. I of course forgot to take any pictures after church, but we got a few before.
4 comments:
Congratulations on this new very beautiful addition to your family (I love boys!) You look fabulous, people shouldn't look that good after having a baby! He is adorable. Heather
He's a cutie! Sounds like a fun weekend with the family. All of the hecticness (is that a word?) is very much worth getting family together.
I love the picture of Hayden!! My first thought was that he looks like Hunter - maybe I'm wrong you'll have to correct me. :) Also, you look great in the family photos!!
What a darling little baby!!! I'm so jealous; Garrett seriously needs a sibling! If you get sick of him you can pass him down our way. It's good to be in contact with you. I thumbed through the rest of your blog...cute kids, exciting life...doesn't get much better than this!
Post a Comment