We were so lucky to have time for another mini family vacation last week. We headed to San Diego for a few days, with Sea World being the first stop on our trip. We left Hayden in Panguitch with Grandma and Grandpa, which made it hard for me not to worry. I was so thankful they were able to watch him though our trip wasn't very baby friendly. It felt like it took us FOREVER to get to our hotel the first night with the traffic from Vegas to California. I feel for anyone that has to make that trip very often, it was miserable! When the kids were occupied with a movie we listened to the book "The Hunger Games." Michael enjoyed the book and is excited for the next one. I've already read it, but I really enjoyed listening to it again!
We hit Sea World the next day and stayed the entire day until the fireworks at 10:00 that night. The kids had a great time. Haley wanted to read about all the animals and Harmon wanted to touch everything. Hunter was slightly less than enthused for part of the day, he wasn't feeling very well. After a little nap and lunch he perked up and enjoyed the rest of the day. My favorite part of the day was the Sea Lion and Otter show, it was hilarious and even though the kids didn't understand all the jokes they laughed their heads off! The dolphin show was neat to and actually made the Shamu show seem boring.
This is me when I get hungry--
Goofy Hunter waiting for the Sesame street 4D to start
This is an even goofier Dad. Haley took the picture, he wouldn't let me take his picture like this. Ahh yes this is the Man I love!
What Babes we are!
Ooops, guess I was napping for a minute.
Haley decided at 8:30 that evening (just when it got a little chilly) that she was brave enough to go on the roaring rapids and that Mom was the one that needed to go with her. There was absolutely no line so we walked right onto the ride with another Dad and daughter. They were completely covered head to toe in gear to protect them from the water. They definitely had the right idea! I thought we were doing pretty good and staying dry until we turned a corner and there was a full fledged water fall coming down. I'm not sure how, but I was the only one that got hit. I was drenched to the bone! Haley thought that was pretty cool and giggled at me the rest of the night as I shivered. I actually debated using one of the drying machines they have there that costs $5. It was totally worth it though. I love that Haley is adventurous enough to try new things. Hunter actually wanted to go to, but was an inch to short. Next time for sure! It was a fun day mostly because we got to spend it as a family!
2 comments:
Hi Alleen!! Love the pictures! You guys are such a cute family! It brought back lots of Sea World memories for us. Love that place!! Thanks for sharing :) We miss you guys!! Hugs~
Wow, your kids are soooo cute. What a fun trip!
Post a Comment